- Fees & Dates
- Apply Now
Foundation – Advanced Level makeup artistry courses. You will be awarded a certificates accredited By AOFM London Academy of Freelance makeup a This course is perfect if you serious about Makeup artistry and will lead you through everything you need to know to achieve just that; learning a variety of different makeup techniques taught by the widest range of professional working makeup artists who are represented by leading artist agencies. With small class sizes, you will benefit from one-on-one attention from our experienced AOFM tutors.
The New York Creative Specialist Certificate in Professional Freelance Makeup Artistry
AOFM is the number one makeup course in New York for unlimited aftercare & international work opportunities!
We kick-start careers by placing our students in work opportunities within weeks after training, AOFM is the ONLY makeup course to offer its students 700+ international work placements every year. We are also proud to be the ONLY makeup course to offer students backstage placements at Fashion Weeks in London, Paris, New York, and Milan Every year every season. To see our International graduate work opportunities in action & our post-course GLOBAL work placements Opportunities Page. To see our graduates who take advantage of our FREE unlimited Aftercare masterclasses with the biggest names in beauty and Fashion Aftercare Page
INCLUDES our exclusive Aftercare Support Program & Student Work Opportunities. New York AOFM graduates are entitled to apply for New York Fashion Week Assisting opportunities along with our FREE unlimited MASTERCLASSES for as long as you need them!
Do you dream of being a professional makeup artist working backstage at catwalks shows, creating on-trend makeup looks for fashion editorials, or making your bride feel gorgeous on their special day? This Master’s Certificate in Professional Makeup will lead you through everything you need to know to achieve just that; learning a variety of different makeup techniques taught by the widest range of professional working makeup artists who are represented by leading artist agencies. With small class sizes you will benefit from one-on-one attention from our experienced AOFM tutors.
• Make-up Artist Hygiene
• Health & Safety
• Anatomy & Physiology Skin Preparation
• Foundation Selection and Application
• Natural Beauty Make-Up
• Contouring and Highlighting
• Corrective and Camouflage Techniques
• Creating Glowing Skin
• Powders, Bronzers & Highlighters
• Glamour Makeup
• Eye Brow Shaping using makeup
• Eye Shadows in Powders and Cream
• Smokey Eyes
• Pencil/Liquid Liner
• False Lash Application
• Bridal Make-up
• Blusher in cream and powder
• Primers for face and eyes
• Consultation techniques
• Lipsticks, Glosses & Liners
• Male, Mature & ethnic makeup
• Corrective techniques for different skin tones
• How to apply male makeup
• Different types of foundations and which to use depending on skin type
• Ethnic Make-up
• Photography makeup
• Understanding of Photography Lighting
• Black & white/colour Photography Make Up
• Using pigments to create intensity
• Period makeup
• Through the eras of makeup
• How to block out eyebrows
• Winged eyeliner
• Body Painting
• Blending and 3D techniques
• Fashion body art
• Textures & Avant Garde
• Glitters, pigments, crystals and greasepaints
• Creating face charts
• Fashion Editorial & Catwalk Makeup
• Hands & Body
• Fashion Industry Knowledge
• Backstage etiquette
• Getting started in the Industry
• Building a Professional Make-up Kit
• Personal shopping morning with the leading brands
• Creative Day with Photographer & Stylist
• Photoshoot session on a professional model applying a look created by you.
Fees & Dates
2 Weeks, 6 days per week, 8 hours per day, Plus Exclusive Pro Discount Shopping Day & Portfolio Building Day.
Total: 100 Hours
- 10th June 2019 – 23rd June 2019 Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm
- 26th August 2019 – 7th September 2019 Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm
Course Fee: $2,995
- The academy will accept a 30% deposit to hold a student’s place at the time of booking.
- All fees must be paid in full no later than 5 weeks prior to the course start date.