- Fees & Dates
- Apply Now
Foundation to Advanced makeup and hair styling course, as well as Nail and Airbrush. You will be awarded 5 individual internationally accredited certificates by AOFM London Academy of Freelance Makeup, CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology), BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmology) and City & Guilds (City & Guilds of London Institute). If you are really serious about becoming a professional in the makeup industry, then this is the course for you! The Total Pro is the complete package and will give you the competitive edge over other makeup artists in the industry because you will be able to offer four skills rather than one. Many clients are looking for makeup artists who are qualified in more than just makeup. This keeps their budget down but means you can increase your fee as you are offering more than one skill. That’s why we have designed this multi-faceted course. It is suitable for the absolute beginner and will take you to an advanced level with skills in makeup, hairstyling, creative nails, and airbrush and covering all areas in the industry in high fashion, catwalk, bridal, and high definition makeup.
Certificates awarded and internationally accredited by
CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology)
City & Guilds (City & Guilds of London Institute)
BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology)
Upon completion of all Modules and assessments students will receive Total Pro Creative Specialist Certificate from AOFM (The London Academy of Freelance Makeup)
Leave AOFM prepared with the thorough understanding and knowledge of applying makeup. A great starting point for an aspiring Bridal makeup artist or if you are ready to explore professional makeup artistry this course can be your first stepping stone.
Enjoy our exclusive style of training where you will learn from several leading industry guest makeup artists over the duration of your course giving you a much wider skill set, different techniques and tips and tricks of the trade.
Enjoy an exclusive Personal Shopping trip with your mentors during your course to help you build a personalised kit just for you. Benefit from meeting store managers and pro staff to help build industry contacts as well as receiving your pro discounts, taking advantage of exclusive discounts ONLY available to AOFM students. Stores include MAC Pro, Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, Bobbi Brown and many more.
Enjoy the experience of our Creative day with a leading fashion photographer, fashion models, hair stylist and fashion clothes stylist as if you were on a magazine shoot set working as a professional makeup artist, creating your first images for your portfolio. Your portfolio will always be your number one tool to work as a professional makeup artist.
Enjoy our exclusive style of training where you will learn from several leading industry guest makeup artists and hair stylists over the duration of your course giving you a much wider range of skill sets, different techniques and tips and tricks of the trade.
Train with a leading airbrush makeup artist and brand ambassador/brand trainer from the world most famous airbrush brand TEMPTU.
Students taking this course will receive a TEMPTU seal of approval of the brand on their certificate upon completion
Level 2 Award In Makeup Application CIBTAC
- Makeup artist hygiene
- Health and safety
- Anatomy and physiology
- Skin preparation
- Foundation selection and application
- Natural beauty makeup
- Contouring and highlighting
- Corrective and camouflage techniques
- Creating glowing skin
- Powders, bronzers and highlighters
- Glamour makeup
- Eyebrow shaping using makeup
- Eyeshadows in powders and creams
- Smokey eyes
- Pencil/liquid liner
- False lash application
- Bridal makeup
- Blusher in creams and powder
- Primers for face and eyes
- Consultation techniques
- Lipsticks, glosses and liners
- Male, mature and ethnic makeup
- Corrective techniques for different skin tones
- How to apply male makeup
- Different types of foundations and which to use depending on skin type
- Ethnic makeup
- Photography makeup
- Understanding of photography lighting
- Black and white/colour photography makeup
- Using pigments to create intensity
Diploma In Advanced Creative Makeup Techniques CIBTAC
- Period makeup
- Through the eras of makeup
- How to block out eyebrows
- Winged eyeliner
- Body Painting
- Blending and 3D techniques
- Fashion body art
- Textures and Avant garde
- Glitters, pigments, crystals and grease paints
- Creating face charts
- Fashion editorial and catwalk makeup
- Hands and body
- Fashion industry knowledge
- Backstage etiquette
- Getting started in the industry
- Building a professional makeup kit
- Personal shopping morning with the leading brands
- Creative day with photographer and stylist
- Photo shoot session on a professional model applying a look created by you.
Pro Creative Session/Hair Stylist City & guilds
- Hair product selection
- Understanding tools and equipment
- Professional sectioning
- Basic and creative blow drying
- Wet and dry hair setting
- Creating curls with hot tools
- Hair pieces and clip in semi extensions
- Bridal hair up do’s
- Fashion editorial and catwalk
- Editorial fashion looks
Pro Creative Nails Specialist City & Guilds
- Tools of the trade
- Client consultation
- Structure of the nail and nail growth
- Hand and foot massage
- Manicure – Clean, prep nails, cuticle removal, and shaping
- Nail Finishes – French manicure, colour, nail art & creative design (textures, glitters, stickers, gems)
- Gel nails
- Gel extensions
- Gel nail finishes – application of French manicure, colour, nail art and creative design (textures, glitters, stickers, and gems)
Creative Specialist In Airbrush BABTAC
- Introduction to airbrushing
- Equipment: Types of airbrush guns, types of compressors.
- Using your airbrush (Assemble & disassembling your airbrush gun).
- Troubleshooting (Dealing with common problems)
- Health and safety Standards
- Product knowledge: Types of makeup formulas (Temptu)
- Understanding pressure (PSI)
- Airbrush Control: Distance – PSI – Movement control / In class exercises
- Control your airbrush pressure directly from the gun
- Point and shoot exercises, working with Air practice, aim and shoot exercises, back bubbling technique.
- Prepping the skin for makeup application
- Concealing with your airbrush
- Applying a sheer flawless foundation (In class Demo & Practice)
- Temptu S/B foundation shades
- Colour mixing
- Working with Different S/B pallets and using adjusters
- Combining conventional make up techniques with your airbrush make up
- Working in layers
- Creating a dewy base and sculpting the face using Temptu contour kit
- Creating a different eye makeup looks (1x natural / 1x Dramatic)
- Applying blusher and a soft lips colour using Temptu airbrush colours
- Working with Temptu air brow stencils and formula to shape/reshape eyebrow.
- Creating a bridal look / Creating a dramatic look with your airbrush (Demo and practice) Using your airbrush creatively
- Working with stencils, masks and templates
- Working with bold colours and enhancing bone structure features to create editorial, fashion forward and creative makeup looks using Temptu airbrush cosmetics
- Working with Temptu Dura
- Creating a temporary tattoo
- Working with transfers
- Cleaning your airbrush gun after working with the Dura formula
- Marketing yourself as a freelance makeup airbrush artist
Fees & Dates
The Course timings are 10 am to 6pm
Monday to Saturday, over 4 weeks
Includes 100s of FREE UNLIMITED AFTERCARE CLASSES taught by cosmetic companies like MAC, Dior, Temptu and industry guests from VOUGE, ELLE & Marie Clare magazines. to find out more click here.
Includes the Opportunity to join AOFM’s International Pro Team and take advantage of more then 700+ yearly work placements with the biggest names in the business. We are proud to be the ONLY school to take our students all over the world. To see our Global clients and famous clients we send our students to work with after training click here.
Course Fee: £3990
- The academy will accept a 30% deposit to hold a students place at the time of booking.
- All fees must be paid in full no later then 5 weeks prior to the course start date.
- When booked as a course package rather than individual modules you will receive a £505 discount
NOVEMBER: 5th November 2018 – 1st December 2018
JANUARY: 7th January 2019 – 2nd February 2019
MARCH: 11th March 2019 – 6th April 2019
MAY: 13th May 2019 – 8th June 2019
AUGUST: 22nd July 2019 – 17th August 2019
NOVEMBER: 4th November 2019 – 30th November 2019