- Fees & Dates
- Apply Now
The Foundation – Advanced Level in makeup artistry and hair styling. This course awards 4 individual internationally accredited certificates from AOFM London Academy of Freelance Makeup, CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology) and City & Guilds (The City & Guilds of London Institute) This makeup artistry and hair styling course is suited for the absolute beginner with no previous experience and with no entry requirements necessary. If you are serious about getting into the industry and want all the skills to be able to get out there and work this is the course for you! This 3-week makeup and hair course will take you from the basics to having a complete level of skills and the understanding required to be a professional freelance hair and make-up artist. With our intensive training this will enable you to start working immediately in the industry with confidence.
Students will receive up to four individual certificates upon completing each module successfully.
Certificate awarded and internationally accredited by
CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology)
BABTAC (The British Association of cosmology and beauty therapy
City & Guilds (City & Guilds of London Institute) after completing Final exams.
Certificate awarded and internationally accredited by CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology) after completing Final exams.
Upon completion of all Modules students will receive Professional Hair and Makeup Certificate from AOFM (The London Academy of Freelance Makeup)
Leave AOFM prepared with the thorough understanding and knowledge of applying makeup. A great starting point for an aspiring Bridal makeup artist or if you are ready to explore professional makeup artistry this course can be your first stepping stone.
Enjoy our exclusive style of training where you will learn from several leading industry guest makeup artists over the duration of your course giving you a much wider skill set, different techniques and tips and tricks of the trade.
Enjoy an exclusive Personal Shopping trip with your mentors during your course to help you build a personalised kit just for you. Benefit from meeting store managers and pro staff to help build industry contacts as well as receiving your pro discounts, taking advantage of exclusive discounts ONLY available to AOFM students. Stores include MAC Pro, Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, Bobbi Brown and many more.
Enjoy the experience of our Creative day with a leading fashion photographer, Fashion models, hair stylist, Fashion clothes stylist as if you were on a working magazine shoot set working as a professional makeup artist to create you first images for your important working tool your portfolio. The number one must have to work as a professional makeup artist.
Level 2 Award In Makeup Application CIBTAC
- Make-up artist hygiene
- Health and safety
- Anatomy and physiology skin preparation
- Foundation selection and application
- Natural beauty makeup
- Contouring and highlighting
- Corrective and camouflage techniques
- Creating glowing skin
- Powders, bronzers & highlighters
- Glamour makeup
- Eyebrow shaping using makeup
- Eyeshadows in powders and creams
- Smokey eyes
- Pencil/liquid liner
- False lash application
- Bridal makeup
- Blusher in cream and powder
- Primers for face and eyes
- Consultation techniques
- Lipsticks, glosses and liners
- Male, mature and ethnic makeup
- Corrective techniques for different skin tones
- How to apply male makeup
- Different types of foundations and which to use depending on skin type
- Ethnic makeup
- Photography makeup
- Understanding of photography lighting
- Black & white/colour photography makeup
- Using pigments to create intensity
Diploma In Advanced Creative Makeup Techniques CIBTAC
- Period makeup
- Through the eras of makeup
- How to block out eyebrows
- Winged eyeliner
- Blending and 3D techniques
- Fashion body art
- Textures & avant garde
- Glitters, pigments, crystals and grease paints
- Creating face charts
- Fashion editorial & catwalk makeup
- Hands and body
- Fashion industry knowledge
- Backstage etiquette
- Getting started in the industry
- Building a professional makeup kit
- Personal shopping morning with the leading brands
- Creative day with photographer and stylist
- Photo shoot session on a professional model applying a look created by you.
Pro Creative Session/Hair City & Guilds
- Hair product selection
- Tools and equipment
- Blow drying
- Setting hair
- Creating curls with hot tools
- Hair pieces and clip in extensions
- Bridal hair up
- Fashion editorial and catwalk
Fees & Dates
Total Programme Fee £3350 includes :
Course Fees £3100
AOFMpro 25-piece brush collection included FREE
Accreditation Fees £250
- The Academy will accept a 30% deposit to hold a students place at the time of booking.
- All fees must be paid in full no later than 5 weeks prior to the course start date.
- By booking this course package rather than individual modules you are saving £300.
Course Dates and Times :
The course timings are 10am to 6pm
Monday to Saturday over 3 weeks
FEBRUARY: 11th February 2019 – 2nd March 2019
MARCH: 11th March 2019 – 30th March 2019
MAY: 13th May 2019 – 1st June 2019
JUNE: 17th June 2019 – 6th July 2019
AUGUST: 22nd July 2019 – 10th August 2019
Exam Dates 3rd, 4th & 11th August 2019
NOVEMBER: 4th November 2019 – 23rd November 2019
Exam Dates 16th & 17th November 2019
Accreditation, Exams and Certificates
Students are required to return for a practical and theory exam with an external verifier from the UK in order to be issued with their certificates with CIBTAC. (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology).
Certificates awarded by BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology) will be issued after successful completion of the module and sent to the student within 3 weeks of graduation.
All other certificates from the London Academy of Freelance Makeup and City & Guilds will be awarded to the student upon completion and pass of the modules at the end of their course.